Monday, August 20, 2007

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME AND MY EXQUISITE CONSCIENCE

In Hard Call John McCain explains that he once was lost, but Hallejuah, now he's found!

"When I ran for president in 2000, I took a position I knew to be wrong on a controversial public issue that had a moral component because I thought it might help me win the primary in the state the issue concerned."


Here is what John McCain really means.

I lied - well actually, I was given bad advice (to lie).
I regret that I lied,
because
1. it didn't work ("did me little political good") and
2. it's wrong to lie ("caused me to be ashamed of myself").


John McCain is so self-critical, so self-revealing...so blinded by pride that his confession unintentionally revels a serious moral weakness. In lumping the moral failure of lying, together with the tactical failure of lying ineffectively, he reveals that, while claiming to regret having lied, what he truly regrets is that lying didn't pay off, further revealing, of course, that he is still...un...lying.. Furthermore, John McCain is so bloated with self-importance that he considers even his feigned shame to be newsworthy.

The following imaginary monologue attempts to reveal what McCain's faux contrition tries to attenuate. I hope I haven't been to lenient:

Liberal reporter: Senator McCain, while campaigning in South Carolina you stated that you considered that whatever flag they chose to fly, and wherever they chose to fly it, it was their own business and none of yours. Later you appeared to flip flop. How would you characterize your contradictory statements on this issue.

John McCain: I'm really sorry that I took your enemy's side instead of your side on this issue, even though I really believed that your side was the right side all along, because some people had told me that it would pay off if I lied to them, but it didn't pay off, and so, after that happened I went back to your enemy and told them that I had lied to them.

Liberal reporter: So, had your ploy succeeded in tricking our enemy into believing you to be their friend, resulting, as you intended, in their chosing you as their leader, what would you have said to us to make us realize that you were, in fact, not their friend, but ours?

John McCain: After I got their endorsement I would have become remorseful, and at least when talking to your people, I would have equivocated. You know what I mean.

Liberal reporter: But that didn't happen.

John McCain: No, after they rejected me I knew right away that they were wrong! And I told them this publicly so that you could hear me when I told them that I had lied to them and had never really been their friend at all, but their enemy instead, all along, and had always been on your side, really.

After that I was really ashamed of myself for pretending to be on the side of your enemies. And that's the truth."

Liberal reporter: Thank you Senator McCain.

Aikhe


SOUTH CAROLINA LEAGUE OF THE SOUTH








No comments:

 
site statistics